Redness Near Incision at 2 Days Post Op?

Im trying to figure if the marks are just from my sports bra or if it is bruising from the procedure. Is this common?

Redness After Breast Augmentation

+1

Hello. The red marks could be from the bra or bruising. Bruising is common after surgery. If the redness persists or gets worse contact your doctor to ensure that you do not have an infection.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

+1

It is not common to have an infection 2 days out from surgery. I do not know where the incisions re that you are talking about but certainly a bra can rub and cause redness. You can also have reactions to the tape or dressings that we place over incisions. If the redness gets worse I would let your surgeon know for sure.

Richard J. Brown, MD

+1

Common--yes. Worrisome--no.Redness may occur with

• normal  wound healing,
  • reaction to sutures
  • SteriStrips,
  • pressure from the bra,
  • reaction to topical antibiotics
  • bruising from surgery

Other causes exist, including wound infection, but that is very unusual at 2 days after surgery. 

Stay in touch with your surgeon\