Is Swelling, Tightness, and Pins and Needles Feeling Normal After Eyelid Surgery?

So I had eyelid surgery onjune 17th eyes are swollen still but it hurts to look up I feel tightness and pins and tingling and its red and alittle scascabby is this normal

What kind of eyelid surgery?

+1

Today is June 21st. You posted you question 2 days ago, which means that you posted the question 2 days after your surgery.

The first point I'd like to make is that 2 days post-operatively is likely the worst that you will feel and look after eyelid surgery, especially if you had ptosis surgery as well as blepharoplasty. So more than likely, what you are feeling is the normal postoperative course.

The second and more important point is that this early post-operative period is THE MOST IMPORTANT time for you to have good communication with your surgeon. Only he/she can properly address your concerns and absolutely needs to actively involved in your recovery. That is what you are paying your surgeon for.

Call your surgeon, if you already haven't, and discuss this.

Good luck

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Symptoms a bit much after eyelid surgery. You should call your surgeon.

+1

Post-operative discomfort of some intensity is present after almost all operations.  What you describe seems a bit excessive so I would visit your surgeon to make sure your are healing properly. 

Pins & Needles

+1

It's always wise to follow-up with your surgeon very closely, even if the symptoms are minor.  It's better to be safe than sorry.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

I have performed Eyelid Surgery for over 25 years and IMHO, this sounds beyond the normal level of discomfort.  Eyelid Surgery typically isn't very uncomfortable and certainly not at 17 days post-op.  You may want to see the plastic and cosmetic surgeon that did the Eyelid Surgery for evaluation and further recommendations.