Redness and Swelling Normal Day 5 After Botox? Dark Circles Also Look Worse.

I took botox 7 days agos and on day 5 I noticed that the region above the right cheek showed signs of redness and swelling (it's not the region directly below the eyes, where the bags are formed, but a below this area mora on the cheeck). I also have to mention that I have yellowish bruisesbruises on some application points. I did botox in the forehead, lateral eyes and glabella. I noticed a considerable increase in my dark circles.

Redness after a Botox injection

+1

The yellow bruises are normal and from the blood incurred form the injection dissolving. The redness I will say is troubling and not common after an injection. I think seeing the doctor who injected it is a good idea to rule out a possible infection.

Discoloration after Botox Treatment

+1

Botox is not an emergency,do or die, treatment. In people who take blood thinning medications (such as Aspirin, Alleve, Advil etc) or blood thinning foods or supplements ( garlic, licorice etc) even a little puncture of a small blood vessel which may otherwise clot quickly, in such cases would go on bleeding resulting in bruising. Since the blood follows the laws of gravity, the bruising tracks inferiority. This will resolve but should be a reminder not to take such agents or foods at least 2-3 weeks before your next Botox or filles treatment. 

Peter A Aldea, MD