5 weeks post op, I have redness and pain on my interior thighs after Liposuction. Is this normal? (photo)
Doctor Answers 3
Skin changes may be the result of ultrasonic or laser assisted liposuction.
Have a question? Ask a doctor
Redness and pain 5 weeks after liposuction
- This is unusual and suggests either skin damage from the liposuction technique causing a burn of the under-surface of the skin
- Or a chronic infection.
- It isn't possible to diagnose on-line,
- A thorough history and physical examination is needed,
- The area looks red in the photo
- But brown discoloration suggests post-traumatic hyperpigmentation.
- If the redness and pain are worsening, I am more concerned than if it is slowly improving.
- If your surgeon is baffled, ask for a referral, for instance an infectious disease specialist or dermatologist.