Redness and Itching 17 Days Post Op Breast Reduction?

I am 17 days post op from a breast reduction. I have redness and itching covering most of my breasts. Despite antihistamines, I'm miserable. The redness and itching is NOT just near the incisions, but all over. I don't have any other signs of infection such as fever, etc. Is this normal?

Allergic Reaction after Breast Reduction?

+2

Your plastic surgeon is in the best position to advise you after direct examination. You may be experiencing an allergic reaction;  if so, several weeks may be necessary for resolution of the rash. A short course of oral steroid treatment may be helpful.

Again, follow up with your plastic surgeon for accurate diagnosis and treatment.