Redness and Itching 17 Days Post Op Breast Reduction?

I am 17 days post op from a breast reduction. I have redness and itching covering most of my breasts. Despite antihistamines, I'm miserable. The redness and itching is NOT just near the incisions, but all over. I don't have any other signs of infection such as fever, etc. Is this normal?

Allergic Reaction after Breast Reduction?

Your plastic surgeon is in the best position to advise you after direct examination. You may be experiencing an allergic reaction;  if so, several weeks may be necessary for resolution of the rash. A short course of oral steroid treatment may be helpful.

Again, follow up with your plastic surgeon for accurate diagnosis and treatment.

8851 Center Drive
San Diego, CA 91942