Would IPL Address Redness After Erbium Treatment 1.5 Years Later?

I had an erbium laser treatment 1.5 years ago on a columellar scar and recently contacted a dermatologist about the persistent redness. The dermatologist advised using IPL treatments to remove the redness. However, I'm 3 months post-op of an open revision rhinoplasty and was wondering if its OK to proceed with treatment, I have a wedding to attend in 3 weeks and the redness is very unsightly. My revision surgeon wants to do a scar revision when I'm a year out, so this is just for the time-being.

IPL for redness

+1

If you have a fair complexion, IPL can help fade redness even after an erbium laser treatment.  Be sure to avoid the sun after your treatment to prevent hyperpigmentation.

Toronto Dermatologist

IPL can improve facial redness in almost everyone regardless of the cause.

+1

An expert in the use of IPL can usually improve facial redness following a laser peel.  This includes the redness following a laser peel.

Web reference: http://www.gatewaylasercenter.com/Light&LaserFacial.html

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon