Redistribution of fat...gaining weight due to Liposuction, is this typical?

I am a proportioned female that weighs 170lbs and is 5'3 I do have huge muffin top and lower ab fat. I wanted to have smart/slim lipo but I've been reading the study they did in Colorado about fat reemerging after lipo. Are there any other studies that prove the contrary?

Liposuction Results

Liposuction will effectively remove fat and fat cells from the areas that you have done. Of course, it won't remove fat from other areas of the body and if you put on weight (more than 10 lbs) than the fat has to go somewhere. Sometimes it distributes evenly throughout your body and sometimes it localizes to certain parts of your body. Each person's body is different in where the fat goes.

If you don't fluctuate in your weight too much, you should be fine after the liposuction surgery.

Good luck