What Can I Do For Reddish Hyperpigmentation Due to Overuse of Glycolic 30%?

I spent months using a microdermabrasion cream on an old acne scar(nose) in combination with 30% glycolic blend. i likely did both too much.The scar is minimized, but it created reddish hyperpigmentation around scar area & concentrated around follicle lines near scar. I bought Meladerm, which lightened the red a bit in a few weeks. I then used it much too much in one day, and now it is redder. I'll try not overdoing the Meladerm + a 30% lactic acid peel once a week.Suggestions? Laser?

Topical tretinoin might help.

+1

I think you should hold on to any more applications for a couple of  weeks and allow the skin to heal on its own. Sunscreens, cleansers and moisturizers as appropriate for your skin should be adequate during this period. You can then start a topical tretinoin cream, at 0.025%, starting with half an hour and then slowly building upto an overnight application. You can take a call on LASER thereafter. But for now, some healing time is a good idea!

India Dermatologist