Bottom of Left Nipple Sunk in and is Hard and Pointing Downward? What is This? (photo)

6 weeks post op. 550cc's saline under the muscle. 29 years old 5'6" and 148 lbs. I noticed yesterday that my left nipple was swollen on top. My profile picture is the problem at hand. What is this? What caused this? Is it fixable? I did have a very small hematoma in that spot. Now all my bruising is back? My doctor is out of town and his nurse said this isn't an emergency but she didn't know what it was? Just looking for answers. Thank you

Nipple distortion when the areola is used for surgery

+2

happens more frequently than we would like to think.  Most of the time its due to retracted scars and can be fixed at a later time.  Scar massage can help.  Your doctor can also suggest other things that may be beneficial.

Bottom of Left Nipple Sunk in and is Hard and Pointing Downward? What is This?

+2

Either you had tissue loss, uneven closure or both. This can be corrected under local anesthesia. Wait until your surgeon returns to evaluate and correct. 

Bottom of Left Nipple Sunk in and is Hard and Pointing Downward? What is This

+2

This looks like a combination of a contracted scar and swelling above the areola. It would be helpful to know if this looked completely normal before yesterday, and to see a photo from the front showing both breasts. 

It is true that it is not an emergency. If this does not resolve, it should be easy to fix in the office with local anesthesia. 

If this isn't enough reassurance, your surgeon should have a cross-covering surgeon. All the best. 

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1
Its almost impossible when things are settling to get the nipples to settle at the same height at the same time, its all normal and just hang in there

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC