Red Splotches on Nose After Rhinoplasty - Possibly from Taping ?

My dr told me that taping is not necessary but Ive started taping and will do for the next 3 months. I change my tapes every 12 hours. I have just noticed that some parts of my nose are shiny and are red - is this normal ? Also, inside my left nostril - a scab fell off exposing this flesh -a raised scar is what Im guessing, will this flatten or should I be worried

Red Spots in Nasal Skin with Taping after Rhinoplasty

+1

The taping may be causing the skin changes. In 35 years I've never recommended taping a nose for 3 months after rhinoplasty. Place ointment on the raw area inside your nostril. The best advice I can give you is to see your surgeon and follow the instructions of the Doctor you trusted to do your rhinoplasty.