I Have Very Red Skin Grafts on my Face from 18 Years Ago? (photo)

I am wondering if there is a way to reduce the redness Or even just the best kind of surgery I could get for them. In the meantime is there anything that I could possibly do to reduce redness? I already moisturize regularly. Thank you in advance

Treatment for Red Skin Grafts

+1

Until you’re able to visit a dermatologist to be examined in person, it’s difficult to recommend the best course of action for what you are describing. However, one of the best treatments available to reduce facial redness and discoloration is with Pulsed Dye Lasers. As a board certified dermatologist and diplomat of the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery, I would recommend visiting a highly specialized practitioner for your treatment. At my practice, patients enjoy the widest selection of lasers available in California, allowing us to develop a completely custom treatment plan with adjusted wavelengths for every person.

Web reference: http://www.gbkderm.com/procedures/lasers

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Reduce redness in Skin Grafts

+1

Hi Kozzah.  It's difficult to see the issue because the pictures are poor, but for any kind of red scars and discoloration we use pulsed dye lasers.  Pulsed dye lasers use a particular type of light (585-595 nm) that is highly absorbed by the hemoglobin in blood.  This means we can preferentially target the redness and preserve the other parts of the skin tissue.  This allows us to remove the redness.  

Check the photos below to see what this type of laser is capable of.

Web reference: http://www.celibre.com/ba-scar-removal-3.aspx