How to Remove Red Surgery Scar on Neck?

I had hyperparathyroid surgery over three years ago. Ever since I have a 3.5 inch visible red scar on my neck. The unfortunate part about it beyond the scar itself is that the surgeon never found the abnormal gland after a seven hour surgery. You can imagine that I was devastated. Are there any treatments that would actually work?

Red surgery scar on neck

+1

Although immature pink/red scars (less than 1 year of age) seem to respond best to vascular lasers, your scar may respond to a series of treatments with the pulsed-dye laser. In the right hands, the procedure is quite safe. The objective of this treatment would be to address the discoloration more than the contour irregularity of the scar.

Good luck.

San Diego Dermatologist