Red scar bump 5 weeks after rhinoplasty? (photo)

Hello, I have a tiny red bump that looks like a pimple, directly on the scar of my columella. I'm 5 weeks post op and Im worried it will heal that way. I have something for scars called Contractubex which is a gel I used to put on acne scars. What is this bump? Do you think the scar gel will help? Thank you.

Swelling in the scar

+1

Thank you, it is not normal healing . You needvto be examined, it could be suture or some tissues disturbing the healing process,

My advice to see your doctor, good luck.

UAE Plastic Surgeon

Red bump after rhinoplasty

+1

Thank you for the question and the picture. In my opinion, it looks like there is an issue with your incision in the columella. You should see your surgeon. This could be a suture spitting or an early infection, and a physical exam is neeeded.

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Red scar bump 5 weeks after rhinoplasty?

+1

An exam will be more useful to determine the nature of this bump.