Red Mark on Tip of my Nose After Squeezing a Pimple? (photo)

Hello years ago i had a pimple on top of my nose that i squeezed it and left a mark for good. It never grown and when i press it disappears and then turns red again. I would like to know what is it and how to remove it. I have been using make up on it but is really uncomfortable mark, please let me know what to do...

Red Spot on Nose

+1

While its hard to diagnose what you have from the photograph, you may either have something that truly resulted from your manipulation, or you may have something that was really what you were squeezing in the first place, and which was not a simple pimple.  For example you may have a red scar or spider vein from trauma, which can be treated by such things as a laser or intense light, or even light cauterization.  But you may have a lesion such as an actinic keratosis (precancerous spot) or even a small basal cell carcinoma (skin cancer), both of which can be simply and successfully treated. The risk of the skin cancer possibility increases if you have been in the habit of using a tanning bed (advise: never do it!)

My point is that without competent examination and diagnosis, you won't really know what you have or what can or should be done.  My advise, therefore, is see your local dermatologist and find out!

Fort Myers Dermatologist

Red spot on nose after squeezing a pimple

+1

You appear to have a spider vein on your nose.  They occur quite commonly and can develop after trauma, such as squeezing a pimple.  It can be treated with intense pulsed light or a pulsed dye laser.  Consult with a board certified dermatologist for treatment.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist