Red Mark Caused by Laser Co2? (photo)

I have a red mark in my face caused by laser Co2 which remains for 2 months now. Is there any way to treat this redness? Is there any expectation for this do disappear?

Discoloration after CO2 laser

+1

That is way more discoloration than I personally would like to see 2 months after CO2 laser. Was this a fractional CO2 or fully ablative? It looks like you may still have residual inflammation, redness, and hyperpigmentation. I would treat it with topical steroids, hydroquinone, and definitely laser/light therapy-either V-beam laser if it's primarily redness- or IPL if there is alot of brown mixed in. I often will treat the residual redness from CO2 laser a month after the initial treatment was done to help redness resolve more quickly. Good luck!

Bellevue Dermatologist

Hyperpigmentaion

+1

Dear patient, this eruption seems to me to be a combination of post inflammatory hyper-pigmentation and erythema. please see an experienced laser dermatologist as soon as possible. Yes-this can be treated with a combination of topical cortisone creams and hydroquinone cream (bleaching cream). Strict sun avoidance is a must.

A. David Rahimi, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologist