Can There Be a Red Line on Callus Formation?

About 9 months ago I got my rhinoplasty from out of country, I finally realized that what I have on my bridge (where 2mm silicone is placed) is callus formation, a small bump... It's not the bump that bothers me, what bothers me is the red line across it. Is it normal to have redness around callus formation? does redness ever go away own its own or do i HAVE to have another surgery? (btw, I have a thin skin, is it okay to have another surgery) I don't have any swelling or pain where it's red.

Any thing over an implant can be a concern

+1

The major downside to implanting foreign material into the nose or facial structures is extrusion or infection of the implant. You should be examined by your operating surgeon to see if there is a problem with this.

Youngstown Facial Plastic Surgeon

Red Line on Nasal Callus Formation

+1

It is difficult to answer your question based solely on your description without pictures or a physical examination. Problems with silicone implants include infection and extrusion. You need to be evaluated in person by a rhinoplasty surgeon.

You need to have examination

+1
You can have infection or inflammation. Pictures can be helpful. You can have anything in your nose including solid silicone , silicone gel or other material that not FDA approved in USA. You need to have it removed before it erodes through skin.
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Red line on skin after silicone nasal implant

+1

It's difficult to say what the red line is from without seeing it. It may be a blood vessel in the skin (telangiectasia) or possibly a reaction to the silicone.

Have it checked out by an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.drlamperti.com/facial-plastic-surgery/rhinoplasty

Rhinoplasty and redness after.

+1

It is difficult to evaluate what you have and why. See an experienced rhinoplasty revision surgeon to discuss your options. He will be able to examine and feel your nose.

Red line after rhinoplasty

+1

Unfortunalely, there is not enough information to know specifically what is going on following your rhinoplasty.  If the silicone was a solid implant you may be having some reaction to the implant, although they are generally well tolerated if well stabliized.  If the silicone was injected then you may be having an inflammatory reaction to the silicone.  Sometimes a low grade contamination of the implant called a "biofilm" can occur and create a smoldering, indolent infrection. 

Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Red line after rhinoplasty?

+1

I am not sure what you mean by a red line?  Do you mean small blood vessels like telangiectasias? Sometimes these develop on thin skin.