Is Red Light Therapy a Safe, Effective Treatment for Indian Skin with PIH and Box Car Scars? (photo)

I think I also have some ice pick scars but they aren't actually that deep. They look more like smaller boxcar scars. The scars aren't very deep, but there is a lot of PIH. Can birthmarks also be removed with light therapy? I'm taking Retin-A and benzoyl peroxide that has cleared up my acne. Every time I use sunscreen though, I get breakouts even with the treatment. I have been avoiding sunlight in general.

Acne scarring with post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation

+1

Ethnic skin with acne scarring is often associated with post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. In addition to adhering to strict daily sun protection, we need to consider gentle cleansing, maximizing topical antioxidants in morning, combination of topical retinoid and hydroquinone in the evening. I have found series of Nd:Yag lasers such as GenesisPlus and/or  Spectra laser to be quite helpful.

Web reference: http://www.drwilliamting.com/Acne_and_Acne_Scar.html

Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Hello

+1

The options you have for your acne scars are Laser treatment, as Profractional laser or even a mini face lift to stretch out the skin and get rid of the scars. Fillers are not long lasting results. You should look into laser. Good luck