Red Keloid

i have an decade old keloid on my chest that is around the size of a quarter. While it is not very elevated it is very red... Is there anything I can do to reduce the redness of the keloid? It haven't really responded to steroid injections. I had around 4-5 shots and they didn't seem to do much to it so i stopped.

Treating red keloid scars

+1

Redness on keloids can be improved by pulsed dye laser treatments on an interval basis to reduce hypervascularity. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Pulsed dye laser

+1

it is possible that this laser will help improve the redness. Several treatment sessions, separated by one month will be necessary. This will not be covered by insurance.

Vicki J. Levine, MD

Treatment for red keloid

+1

Yes there are many treatment options besides steroid injections to treat keloids. Laser can help flatten the scar and also reduce redness in it. I would see a board certified dermatologist with advanced laser training to discuss these options. 

Omar Ibrahimi, MD
Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon