Lower Part of Gums are Red. Who Should I See? (photo)

It's not the gums, it's below the gums, what can i do to fix it?? Should i see a dentist or periodontist or doctor?? I'm a mouth breather and do get dry mouth and i have gum disease, is it the cause of the problem?

Periodontist is best to eval gums

+1

Your picture seems to show normal color. The Gums are the lighter pink color attached to the teeth. The part you are referring to is the more red tissue below that. This is called alveolar mucosa and it is a more loose tissue. It is normally more red than the gums.

It is possible that the picture does not show the correct color. If you are worried, then go see a periodontist.

Good luck

Dr. T

Miami Beach Cosmetic Dentist

Who to See to Treat Red Gums

+1

If you know you have gum disease, and you are a mouth breather, you should see a periodontist.

Jay Neuhaus, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist