Red Bump on One Side of Columella After Rhinoplasty

I am one week post op from an open rhinoplasty and septoplasty. I had no tip work done. I had my sutures on the columella removed today. When I came home, I noticed a small red hard bump that hangs down on only one side of my columella. The other side is smooth with no redness. Is this something that will require revision? What could it be?

Swelling of incision following open rhinoplasty (nose job)

+1

Without a photo it is difficult to assess the nature of the mass. You would be best served to ask your surgeon. It most likely is swelling of the incision.

Open Rhinoplasty a week after Surgery

+1

This may represent an area of irritation after suture removal in the pink portion of the columella or Dr. Fleming alluded to a minor discrepancy in the wound edge which should readily resolve.  

Dr. ES

Red Bump on Columella One Week after an Open Rhinoplasty

+1

Your red bump on the columella just one week after an open rhinoplasty may be a localized suture reaction or a minor step-off at the edge of the wound closure. We all want an immediate perfect result, but be patient and discuss this with your surgeon.