Redness After Breast Reduction. Is It Normal? (photo)

I had my BR 2 m/ago. i have red (pink) area in my breast . it does not bother me. it just pink. is it normal?

Pink skin after breast reduction

+1

Hi,

First off, you look great! you should be pleased with your PS and your early results. 
Second, it's common to have some pink blush in the lower breast skin after a reduction. This is likely a circulation issue as the bloodflow is rerouted after a reduction. If you have a fever, or if this is painful, sudden onset, it can signal problems: infection, necrosis. Make sure you follow up with your doctor. 

however it does not sound like that. some patients will need 4-6 months before this resolves. 

Take care of your scars and use a support bra. 

Bennett Yang, MD  
Washington DC

Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Breast redness

+1

That's not uncommon after breast reduction.  Need to make sure it's not an infection (doesn't sound like it).  The redness usually goes away in time.

Rafi S. Bidros, MD, FACS

Redness after reduction

+1

It does not look like an infection on the picture. If the redness were to get progressively worse or was associated with fever or drainage then you would want to have your surgeon see you ASAP. This far out would be very unlikely to have infection. You look great!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Redness After Breast Reduction. Is It Normal?

+1

Most likely a non issue. But best to be seen in person by your operative surgeon or a second opinion. 

Redness of breast

+1

Redness of the skin flaps could represent cellulitis or fat necrosis and should be evaluated by your surgeon in person.

Redness after Breast Reduction?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.  Your plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to evaluating the “redness”.  Assuming the discoloration has been present for a prolonged period of time,  it is probably related to venous congestion ( as opposed to an infection).  An infection 2 months after surgery would be very unusual.

Again, best to check with your own plastic surgeon for accurate diagnosis, advice, and probably meaningful reassurance. By the way, he/she has done a very nice job for you!