Red Blotches Due to Liposuction

Hello. I am 11 weeks out from having liposuction on my flanks and my lower ab section. Although the lumps have gone down quite a bit, there are red bloth on both sides. I also feel a little painful. Does this go away?? How long before it goes away?? What do you recommend is the best way to help it heal? Thank you!

Tender red areas after liposuction

+1

Although what you have may be absolutely nothing to worry about, concerns such as yours should be brought to the attention of the surgeon who did the liposuction so that you can be examined and reassured that everything is and will be OK.  Small contusions or bruises may be painful for a while but other conditions can cause your symptoms from medication reactions to a panniculitis etc.

Pain and redness after liposuction

+1

Without seeing what your "red blotches" look like it is very difficult to say what they are and if they will resolve.  You may have some small areas of fat necrosis that are taking longer to heal or may of had a mild dermal (skin) injury.  You should see you PS and discuss them.

Delio Ortegon, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon