Red Blotches After Liposuction Normal? Will They Go Away?

I recently underwent abdominoplasty and lipo of the flanks. Upon awaking I noticed my lipo area had red splotches on both sides above my hips where the lipo occurred. They look like a "red port wine" type of birthmark. My PS says to give it time, but has admitted that she has not seen anything like it on her patients. Although I trust her, I read somewhere that these may be permanant. Any ideas on what it could be?

Red blotches in the lipo area

+1

Did you have vaser or smart lipo to the areas?? The extra energy of those techniques can temporarly stress the tissues unless significant tumescent fluid is used. The tincture of time will help.

Dr. Lille