What Does This Red Blotch on the Right Tip of my Nose Look Like to You? (photo)

I'm a 30 year old male with a dime sized red blotch on the right tip of my nose that hasn't healed in a couple of months. It occurred overnight and started out quarter sized with some exposure to the left side of my nose and was very tender to the touch. It felt like a rub burn. In the first month, it both reduced in size and tenderness so I was optimistic that it would heal on its own but seems to have stalled to its current size. A photo is attached and thanks in advance for any help!

Red spot on nose

+2

I would suggest that you see a dermatologist or plastic surgeon to evaluate the red area on your nose. It could be a couple of things, including a cyst or a skin cancer. You might need a biopsy just to make sure. If it is malignant, I would suggest seeing a plastic surgeon, for he/she could reconstruct the area at the time of removal. I don't recommend just waiting and seeing if it will go away.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.