Red Blister Like Spot on Boob? (photo)

Almost 3 months post op, no fever... 450cc, creases were lowered. Suddenly a red blister like spot has appeared above my incicion?! What could it be? Thinning tissue? Infection? I'm having my implants removed 2 weeks from now, should they be taken out sooner?!

Redness on Breast

+1

Thank you for the photo.  This most likely is unrelated to your implant. This may be a rash or a response from irritation by clothing just to name a couple of possibilities.  You should inform you PS so that he/she may determine if this area or the implant needs to be treated sooner rather than later.

Dr. ES

Red Spot on Breast

+1

The red spot does not appear to be an implant infection as I would expect a larger area to be warm to touch with generalized redness and swelling. As an aside, I would be interested to know why you are having your implants out three months after surgery.

Red Blister Like Spot on Boob

+1

Thanks for your photo and question. My best advise is to go and check your reddish spot with a dermatologist or plastic surgeon, it is almost impossible to tell what it is because of the quality of your photo. Best Wishes!!

Dermatologic condition might not be related to breast augmentation.

+1

The dermatologic condition appears to be a superficial fungal infection. The photograph is poor so I wouldn't put too much stock in this diagnosis. Check with your surgeon or see a dermatologist.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,13-atlanta-breast-augmentation.htm

Red Blister Like Spot on Boob?

+1

Hard to tell based on the photo which is not in perfect focus, nor on the info offered in the posting. Best would be to be seen by your surgeon. All the best.