Recurrent eruptions in nasolabia fold? (photo)

I had restylane injected in these areas six months ago, and since then have had recurrent inflamed bumps occur. Sometimes itchy, sometimes tender. I've tried everything: bactroban, clearasil, and finally topical steroid ointment. Within days of using a tiny amount of betamethasone o.o5%, the bumps were gone! and almost all redness gone. I stopped using it, and in one day, it was back.

Recurrent inflammation after Restylane

+1
The recurrent bumps can be one of many things that need to be examined by biopsy.  I suggest you return to your dermatologist for examination and a possible small biopsy to ascertain what is causing this recurrent reaction. Please let me know what the results are and how you feel.

Reactions to Restylane are rare and treatable

+1

Although rare, hypersensitivity reactions to Restylane and other hyaluronic-acid fillers can occur.  I recommend you see a dermatologist for further examination and possible skin biopsy.  If the exam and diagnostic tests suggest a chronic reaction to the filler product, then vitrase can be used to dissolve the filler, and the reaction will resolve.

Good luck!

Daniel Levy, MD
Bellevue Dermatologic Surgeon

+1

Need to obtain a punch biopsy of the naso labial areas.. This could be granulomatous inflammation..