Recuperating After Gluteal Lipotransfer and Tummy Tuck?

I am considering having gluteal lipotransfer or Butt implants. At the same time I am considering having a Tummy tuck and gluteal lipotransference at the same time.

Knowing that I will not be able to lay on my stomach, what do you recommend for a way to sleep that is not detrimental to either side? And what kind of cushion would be the most comfortable to sit on while I recuperate?

Brazilian Butt lift and Tummy Tuck: postoperative positioning

+1

This combination can be completed with the knowledge that you may be at increased risk for DVT. Other surgeons have concerns aobut post-operative positioning. because they do not want you to place pressure on the fat grafting to the buttocks. However, it would be nearly impossible for you to lay on your sides or stomach with the tummy tuck. The use of a pressure relieving mattress such as an egg crate foam padding (obtainable at many health stores or pharmacies may be beneficial for this purpose to minimize pressure to the upper buttocks.

Butt lift and tummy tuck positioning

+1

You should check with your doctor, some would recommend lying on your side or reclining in bed with pillows under your thighs and behind your back.

Recovery after a tummy tuck is not compatible with a Brazilian Butt lift

+1

Tummy tucks are a very popular and effective technique to contour the abdomen. The effects of a tummy tuck may be complimented with a Brazilian Butt lift. When patients are considering these procedures they need to keep in mind the individual recovery requirements for each surgery. The recovery process for a tummy tuck is the opposite of the recovery process for a Brazilian Butt lift. After a tummy tuck, patients must rest on their butt and often in a seated or flexed position. After a Brazilian Butt lift, patients cannot rest on their Butt and must lie face down. Because of these different recovery requirements, we recommend that patients who are interested in both procedures receive them separately. In our practice, we have performed a Brazilian Butt lift and a tummy tuck safely on the same patient but in two different surgeries. The patients will receive a Brazilian Butt lift first and then after a short recovery, they will receive their tummy tuck. Your best bet is to work with a board-certified plastic surgeon who has a great deal of experience in body contouring, Brazilian Butt lift, liposuction, and abdominoplasty areas such as expert will be able to assess your body and determine which combination is best for you.

To learn more about tummy tucks, see photos, and help you decide which one is best for you, please visit us at the link below:

Pat Pazmino, MD

Fat transfer, buttock augmentation with tummy tuck

+1

The preferred position would be on your SIDE after this combination of procedures.

It is uncomfortable for a few weeks, but absolutely NO SITTING for 2 WEEKS.

You may place a pillow under your thighs such that your buttock area is elevated and not receiving any direct pressure on the newly transferred fat cells.

William Bruno, MD

Tummy Tuck and Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

It is a feasible procedure to do together and you will have plenty of fat this way for the butt lift. As far as sleeping I recommend sleeping on your back with pillows under the knees and thigh to take the weight off the gluteal area.

As far as sitting, not sitting for 2 weeks. You can use a nursing pillow to sit on during this time.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD