What Can You Do to Rectify Congenital Facial Assymetry?

the right hand side of my face has always been sunken and i feel as though i have no muscle there which means i have an uneven smile too. It has been like this for as long as i can remember and i feel very self conscious and ugly. It knocks my confidence and wondered what surgery can be carried out to rectify this? Please help! I want to start living a normal life.

Romberg's disease or hemifacial microsomia: unusual causes of facial asymmetry

+1

There may be two primary condiitons which cause this: Romberg's disease or hemifacial microsomia. Correction requires an assessment of skin, fatty, muscular and bony deficiencies. This may require a variety of procedures to diminish the degree of asymmetry.