What is the Recovery for Zeltiq Coolsculpting, and What Should I Expect?

Hi, I am interested in Zeltiq Coolsculpting. What is the recovery like, and what should I expect in terms of down time? I know for Lipo it takes a few weeks, is Zeltiq Coolsculpting not as severe because it is non-surgical? Thank you

Coolsculpting Recovery

+2
Bingo! That is exactly why you would like the Coolsculpting , since there is no down time, no pain, no
anesthesia. You can have it on your lunch hour

Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Cool Sculpting recovery is as simple as getting up out of a chair or off your couch!

+1
I believe it is a very simple recovery that can be done and you can be headed off to work, an appointment, a flight etc.... within minutes of finishing the treatment and getting dressed.

Body reshaping can be performed with a cannula that removes fat via liposuction or with noninvasive technology like Cool Sculpting. With Cool Sculpting there is no cannula inserted into your body. All treatments are performed on the surface from the outside in using technology that freezes the fat. Don’t hesitate to give us a call in Austin regarding a Body Reshaping Consult at the Upper Room. On our Facebook Page there is an Interview I recently did with KVUE, a local news station in Austin, that was picked by affiliates around the United States, including Miami. During the Interview we discussed the technology of Cool Sculpting as well as it application process.

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

Some discomfort but no real down-time

+1
The recovery is typically quite minimal.
Coolsculpting is a noninvasive, nonsurgical procedure that has minimal to no recovery. Most patients can return to their normal activities immediately after the treatment. The treated area might look swollen, bruised and sore for a few days but patient do not need to take any time off from work to recover. To help with any discomfort after the treatment patients can take over the counter ibuprofen for the first couple of days.

Gregory Turowski, MD, PhD

Recovery time for CoolSculpting

+1
CoolSculpting is advantageous because it is a nonsurgical and noninvasive fat reduction treatment that results in no downtime. The most common side effects post treatment are tenderness, swelling, numbness, itching, and sometimes bruising. These side effects usually resolve within several days up to a few weeks. Most people are able to resume their normal activities immediately with no disruption.

Steven H. Williams, MD

Recovery for CoolSculpting

+1

Thank you for your question. CoolSculpting procedure has no "down time". You can go back to work, exercise, etc. immediately after the procedure.  Patients do feel achy, and may have some swelling and bruising for the first couple of weeks but these symptoms are self limiting.

Zeltiq Coolsculpting recovery and side effects

+1

Zeltiq is non-surgical which is one of the primary benefits of Zeltiq over other methods of fat reduction.

Side Effects:

Immediately after the procedure, the treated area may have mild to moderate tingling, numbness, and soreness.  Mild bruising is sometimes seen, but is uncommon.  The soreness may last for 2-3 days and feels like the muscle soreness you get after a round of intense exercise.  The tingling and numbness feels just like the sensation your skin has after intense cold exposure.  It lessens over time and is usually limited to 2-3 weeks.

Recovery:

There is virtually no recovery time required for Zeltiq because the discomfort is so minimal.  You can go back to work the same day.  I generally recommend that patients not exercise the day of the procedure.  After that, they can participate in whatever activity that they can tolerate.  Usually this means full activity within 2-3 days.

Narin (Dr.Joe) Apisarnthanarax, MD
Houston Dermatologist

Back to work / play after Zeltiq CoolSculpting

+1

Most patients feel fine enough to exercise the day after Zeltiq. There may be some soreness but not having had surgery there are less restrictions than if you had Liposuction.  Bruising is expected because of the suction so cosmetically keep that in mind if you plan to be in a bathing suit the first two to three weeks after the procedure (not all patients get bruising, and it may last for much less time but you want to be prepared for such a discoloration). Very few patients have so much discomfort or localized soreness that they limit their activities for a few weeks. Ibuprofen seems to help in these cases (but not to take before or during because it promotes bruising).

Ronald Shelton, MD

What are the after effects of Zeltiq CoolSculpting?

+1

This is one of the significant advantages of fat removal by CoolSculpting over Liposuction.  CoolSculpitnig is a non-invasive procedure that does not require any surgery, incisions, needles, anesthesia. or downtime.  After the procedure patients are back to their normal routine immediately.  Its not unusual for some patients to report mild discomfort that generally starts 2-3 days after the procedure.  Patients usually report it as a tingling sometimes numbeness sensation.  There are a small patient who do report a more significant tenderness which can usually be managed with over the counter pain relievers and in all cases resolves spontaneously over a short period of time.

Ted Brezel, MD
Long Island Dermatologist

Recovery from Zeltiq

+1

Coolsculpting is a non-invasive treatment for fat reduction that in most patients has minimal downtime.  I tell my patients that this is a no downtime procedure, but they will still feel like they had something done. Depending on the area treated you can experience swelling and bloating that can last 1-2 weeks post procedure. In addition there can be transient numbness that can last up to 4-6 weeks. In a very small percentage of patients there can be pain, which usually starts on day 3-5 post procedure and can last for several days, sometimes a week.  Fortunately, it responds very well to topical lidocaine patches. These symptoms are usually more of a nuisance and do not require lost time from exercise, socializing, or work. 

Rosalyn George, MD
Wilmington Dermatologic Surgeon

Recovery following Coolsculpting

+1

Typically the recover following Coolsculpting is fast. Most of my patients return to non impact exercise within 48  hours of treatment. A small percentage of patients will have lingering pain, numbness or discomfort that makes this difficult to do. However, this is the exception not the rule. It is a non invasive procedure that works for fat reduction and has minimal post operative downtime.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon