Recovery Time For Breast Implant Removal?

I'm a Flight Attendant and wondered how long I should stay out of work following explant and CC removal under the muscle? Dragging luggage, lifting up to 30 lbs and being at 8,000 ft (cabin pressure) are my concerns. Thanks so much

How much time off work for Removal of Implants and Breast Capsule

+2

I think the answer to this question will depend on how much scar tissue you have.  If drains are necessary, you can plan on 2-3 weeks off from work.   If you simply require an implant removal, then 1 week would be my recomendation.

Try to visit with 3 board certified plastic surgeons to help make a well informed decision.   I hope this helps.

Dr. Gill

Recovery Time for Breast Implant Removals

+2

Greetings,

You should seek these answers from your plastic surgeon prior to your surgery.

In our practice, in order to minimize the risk for bleeding and other complications, we allow 30lbs. of lifting after 3 weeks of recovery. 

Being at 8000 ft.cabin pressure should not be a problem unless you have other cardiac or respiratory health issues.

Best Regards,

(from Colorado Springs at around 6000 ft.)

Douglas J. Raskin, MD, DMD
Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

Recovery after implant removal

+2

I usually have patients limit exertional acitivity like aerobics for 3-4 weeks and heavy lifting  for 4-6 weeks.  I am most concerned about a hematoma( blood collection) or seroma ( fluid collection).

Recovery from explant and capsule tony

+2

Thank you for the question. Your plastic surgeon is the best person to address this question for you. Generally speaking, returning to full  activity depends on your recovery. It may take up to three weeks before you could resume lifting 30 lbs. best wishes.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Hello

+1

Usually in our practice we tell our patient o wait at least 6-8 weeks before lifting heavy objects.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Recovery after Removal of Breast Implants?

+1

Recovery after removal of breast implants is generally much easier/quicker than recovery after initial breast augmentation surgery. Discomfort associated with this procedure is minimal.  Because there is minimal discomfort patients need to be cautioned to avoid strenuous activity too soon.

Exactly when you will be able to return to the strenuous activity required of you will depend on exactly what procedure is performed ( for example if capsulectomy is performed or not)  and how you do after your procedure. Therefore, your plastic surgeon will be in the best position to advise you.  It will likely be at least 2 to 4 weeks before you are safe to return to strenuous activity.

Suction drains needed after breast implant removal.

+1

Hi.

You need drains for 10 days to prevent seromas (fluid accumulation).  I would take two weeks off.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)