Recovery Time?

Also when will I see the final result and will I be fine to do my cashier job 1 or 2 weeks after? Does smeone have to drive home or can I? I'm 19

Downtime

+1

Bruising can last 1-2 weeks. Swelling can persist a bit longer.

You shouldn't really strain yourself physically the first week after surgery.

Final results take about three months to assess.

Good luck

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

The recovery time for eyelid surgery...

+1

Eyelid surgery, otherwise known as a blepharoplasty, has a fairly quick recovery time of about 7-10 days.  At that time you should be able to go back to work.  After any eyelid surgery, you should have someone drive you home because you wouldn't want to start swelling as you are trying to drive.  The final result is usually seen in about 2-3 months when the incisions disappear.  It is safe to wear makeup in about 10 days.  Be sure to discuss your post operative instructions with your surgeon before the procedure so you understand them completely.

Andrew Miller, MD
Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Recovery time after cosmetic eyelid surgery

+1

I advise my patients that there are 2 types of postoperative recovery to consider: how you look and how you feel.  Most people feel well almost immediately after surgery and the vast majority find that extra-strength Tylenol (or generic acetaminophen) is sufficient to control discomfort.  With regard to appearance, I usually advise patients that 80% of bruising and swelling typically resolves within the 1st 2 weeks.  People who aren't concerned with their appearance sometimes even have surgery on Friday and return to work on the following Monday.  Those who are more concerned about their appearance usually feel comfortable returning to work after a week off.  We also offer laser treatment to help reduce bruising if it is still prominent at the 1 week postoperative visit.

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Recovery after surgery

+1

In my facility, a patient must go home with someone and I recommend someone staying with the patient the first night of surgery.

Final result after blepharoplasty

+1

Recovery for the upper lid is faster than the lower. The upper lid swelling should be gone by 2 weeks. You will see a red line where the incision was made for 6 months to a year at which time the incision will look white and be hidden in a wrinkle.

For the lower lid, there may be some bruising and the total time needed until this disappears may be 4 weeks. The final result will be between 6 months to a year.

Jacob Freiman, MD, FACS
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon