Recovery Time TCA 15%?

Hello, how long will my recovery time be for a TCA at 15% full face, including eyes? How long before I am picture-ready? Thank you!

Quick Recovery from Lower Percentage TCA Peels

+1

Thank you for the question. TCA peels vary in strength, with 15% being on the lower end and 40% at the high end. Lower percentage peels heal faster, though each patient is different and certain areas of the face may heal more slowly. Generally, any residual redness can be easily covered with makeup after about a week. Best of luck!

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Short Recovery Time for Light TCA Peels

+1

From treatment to Full return to natural skin color with a single pass TCA 15% peel with no pre-peel solution and one pass using a cotton swab with light compression on skin that is hydrated,  moisturized, and well nourished, one usually would see this transition in 5-7 days. Notice all of the conditions above, because they do matter in better predicting the healing time of your procedure.

Also different areas of the face will heal faster and tolerate more "controlled injury". The cheek tolerates more passes (or a higher strength peel) than the eyelid skin, due to the thickness of the cheek skin and the higher concentration of pores. Mineral makeup works well for camouflaging redness (using green undertone), and is usually not associated with germ contamination, especially if  fresh. I hope this helps, good luck. M.Lyons, MD, FACS

Michael B. Lyons, MD, FACS
Mobile Facial Plastic Surgeon

Makeup covers the face easily after 1 week post TCA peels.

+1

Usually patients are peeling or flaking the 5-7th day after a tca peel and then after 7 days they are just pink which makeup covers very easily. Prescription cortisone creams such as Triamcinolone 0.1% twice a day and a good spf are a necessity. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon