Recovery time for restoring nasal hump?

My nasal hump was reduced too much. I am male and it has changed the character of my face which bothers me greatly. I did not communicate well enough with my surgeon. How hard would it be to restore some of the nasal hump? How invasive is it and how long to recover?

Allow about 10 to 14 days following revision surgery for nasal hump

+1

If you have this procedure done cartilage grafts from the septum, ear, or even rib can be used, although some patients prefer an alloplastic material such as PTFE to reduce pain and shorten the recovery. Discuss this with your surgeon, and allow about 10 to 14 days for inital recovery.

Peoria Facial Plastic Surgeon

Recovery time for restoring nasal hump?

+1

Restoring the dorsum can be achieved with cartilage grafts. You should probably be off of work for a week or so.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Revision rhinoplasty to build up the bridge

+1

Revision rhinoplasty can be performed by building up the bridge with the patient's own cartilage harvested from inside the nose or from the ear. Depending upon how much bone and cartilage work needs to be done,will determine the recovery time. Plan on 2 weeks of some degree of swelling and bruising that is visible. For many examples of how we have built up the nasal bridge, please see the link below

Nasal bump restoration

+1

Nasal bridges can be built up by placing graft material on it, either cartilage or implants such as Gortex. The problem is getting the implants to look smooth and natural. Generally you would need a week off work as you would require a splint on your nose. Discuss this with your surgeon.

Douglas J. Kibblewhite, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dorsal hump

+1

Without photos, an examination and old records it is difficult to inform you what would be the best way to approach your problem. That said the recovery would be similar to the first procedure

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon