What is the typical recovery time needed before getting back to sport activities?

I have a very rigourous workout routine. I know that there will be several exercises I do that I won't be able to do until the healing is done. What kind of workouts will I be able to do to help keep in stay in shape and not interfere with the healing process. Thank you.

You need to ask your surgeon

+1
This is key.  Know what your surgeon wants you to do and then follow through!

In breast augmentation I have chosen to spend time reviewing photographs with patients to fully understand their expectation of size and shape. Many times this simply raises more questions. I will make measurements and use the implant guides to allow the patient to understand exactly the sizes that are reasonable for their body type and measurements.

Please find an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and member of the Aesthetic Society using the Smart Beauty Guide. These Plastic Surgeons can guide you on all aspects of facial surgery, breast augmentation and body procedures including tummy tucks or mommy makeovers!

Talk to your doc and listen to your body...

+1
Docs have different suggestions regarding exercise so, while the comments posted here help, I'd check with your doc to get their spin on exercise. Irregardless of that, do listen to your body. Too many young women try to do the superhuman when it comes to recovery and that leaves them frustrated and uncomfortable. If it hurts, don't do it. Good luck.

Robert Frank, MD
Munster Plastic Surgeon

Exercise after breast surgery.

+1
Most surgeons will let you walk as much as you wish beginning the day of surgery.  If all is going well, like jogging wearing support can start at 10 days, and activities gradually increase up to about 6 weeks when pretty much all activities are OK.  But discuss specifics with your surgeon.