Recovery Time for Facial Movement After Face Lift

I had a face lift 2 weeks ago and one side of my face still does not move properly - when will I know if this will improve?

Facial Movement Recovery following Face Lift

+1

Facial Movement After Facelift

Following a facelift procedure, movement of the muscles in the face is usually not as

smooth and dynamic as it was before due to local edema and local temporary tightness from internal stitches.. As your swelling decreases, your range of motion

should  improve. Give it some more time to heal and follow up closely with your Plastic Surgeon should it not completely return. Weakness usually recovers completely.  Although not common, facial nerve injury can occur with this procedure with lasting deficit..

Facial movement after face lift

+1

Sometimes early post-op after a facelift, the face may not move as easily as it did because of facial swelling.  You shoudl give it some time to heal. If you are concerned, speak with your doctor.

Facial Movement after Facelift

+1

The answer depends on what you mean by "proper" movement.  Movement is usually not fluid and exact secondary to normal post-operative swelling. This will continue to improve as the swelling decreases. Discuss this with your surgeon.