What is the Recovery Time with Breast Lift Only?

The MD did not give me a lift with aug orginially because of the size of implants i chose. i got 700 cc silicone unders. after 2 months recovery, he says i will need a lift after all if i dont want them to droop. waht is the recovery time for just lift? I says my breast have dropped alittle but will only drop another 1 more centimeter.Im kind of disappointed and thats why i will need a lift

Lift after unsuccessful augmentation

+2

Dear Frances,

You will need a lift procedure to lift the areolas.

Then you have a choice between:

• smaller implants
  • or  the pocket inlarged inferiorly

To answer your question, lifts only take approx. 1 wk to return to work in general

Best wishes, Dr H

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift recovery

+1

Thank you for your question. I'm glad you are thinking ahead about your recovery. Depending on the breast lift technique being performed, I usually recommend no heavy lifting or strenuous activity for 3-4 weeks. You need to give time for your incisions to healing. But its best to ask your plastic surgeon about his/her specific recommendations. Best wishes!

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Recovery for Breast Lift

+1

You will go home in a bra or with only light dressings over the incision lines. Sutures are dissolvable but the final knot is removed within 1-2 weeks. Discomfort is easily controlled with oral medication, and light activities may be started in 7-10 days with full unrestricted activities in 6 weeks for most patients.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Recovery Time after Breast Lifting?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

I think you will find that the recovery time after breast lift surgery will be less ( from the discomfort and need for medication standpoint) then the breast augmentation procedure that you have already undergone. As you know, some adjustment of the breast implant pockets may be necessary to change the positioning of the breasts   implants at the same time that you undergo mastopexy surgery.

Best wishes

In

+1

I think the best thing for you to do this point is to wait. A breast lift may not be the answer to solve your problem.

Your implants still appear high and this may improve over time as the breast skin stretches to accommodate the implant is placed.  The maximum improvement could take 6 months to year.

When I look at your photograph I think the implant has not fallen into the breast pocket and expanded the breast tissue. I do not think that your breast are so low that lift to raise the breast up to the implant is the best proceed. I think that moving the implant down to the level of the breast to give him much more attractive and natural result. This is why I think waiting to see if the implant will come down is the best thing to do at this time.

If the implant does not come down to be in symmetry with the breast tissue than a repeat surgery may be necessary to lower the pocket, possibly weaken the inframammary fold to allow the breast of fall down and possibly switch to a high-profile implant that would fill the breast tissue more than a moderate or low profile implant. 

Wendell Perry, MD

Breast Implants do not Lift the Breast: Big Breast Implants Beware

+1

Breast implants do not lift the breast and it is a common thought that if the breast is droopy a really large implant can be used to lift the breast. All this does is cause the breast to droop more or as in your case it is giving you a snoopy deformity. You do need a significant lift and depending on the condition and position of the breast implants. A breast lift is a straight forward operation that is out-patient and you may wan tto take a week off to recover. I hope this helps. 

Andrew P. Trussler, MD

Picking the right implant is so important

+1

Picking the correct implant is so important for a great result. Although your pre-op photos are not shown, it appears that you may have had a mild form of a constricted breast deformity (aka tuberous breast deformity) to start with. If you put too large of an implant in these patients, it will be way out of proportion and position in relation to the nipple-areolar complex...as you can see in the photos. You may in fact need a mastopexy, conversion to a dual-plane pocket or both. However, you definitely need a smaller implant to start with.

Kevin Brenner, MD, FACS

Implant position

+1

I agree that your implants are too high.  They will usually drop a bit, but if it has been several months with no change, then you may need a secondary surgery to completely release the pec muscle to allow proper positioning of your implants.  When this is done, you can have a lift at the same time if needed.

Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

Upper pole fullness normal at 2 months, give it time.

+1

Your implants are still high, but you are only two months out from surgery and you had large implants inserted.  This is normal.  The best advice I can give you is to do nothing.  Let the implants gradually settle.  You may then find you do not need a lift after all.  Remember, there is a trade-off with a lift - elevation of nipple level at the cost of more scars.  Your sagging is minimal, so you may accept a little sagging as opposed to more scars.  Wait at least six months before making any decision to have more surgery.  You can see how the implants settle with time by looking at photos of patients at various times on my website.

Eric Swanson, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

You do NOT need a lift.

+1

At two months post-op your implants are still too high. If you have tight capsules and little implant movement, you may not have much more dropping and softening. Are you doing implant movement exercises? Are you wearing an elastic bandeau at night? Are you going braless during the day, or are you wearing a bra which supports this unnaturally high position?

Re-operation of ANY kind at this point is wrong (too early--you don't know where things will end up, so how can you know what to do?) and deciding that a lift is the solution is like deciding you are in the wrong place before you even get there!

Please re-read my first paragraph and discuss these things with your surgeon, or get additional opinions from experienced, ABPS-certified plastic surgeons who do lots of breast surgery, not just a few dozen a year. Even in the worst case scenario, I doubt that a breast lift (any kind) is the appropriate answer. BTW, I also think your implant size choice is just fine, though you may have advice to go down in size to decrease the upper pole fullness. This is NOT because of too-large implants, it is because of too-high implants!

Good luck and best wishes!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon