What is the usual recovery time after breast implants and when can you resume physical labor?

I will be moving in February and when I now my job will be to ride young horses. I really would like to get my breasts done before I go but I was curious as to how long the recovery would be before I could start riding?

Recovery time after breast augmentation

+1
Recovery time will vary based on the specifics of your surgery, but an estimate is around 6 weeks after the procedure.  You want to make sure that you wear a good supportive bra to keep bouncing to a minimum.
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation Recovery

+1
What a fun job! With your particular job, it will be important to place your implants behind the pec muscle so that your implants will be well supported. I would advise you to avoid riding horses and bouncing type activites for 4 weeks. Best wishes!
Shreveport Plastic Surgeon

Horseback Riding After Breast Augmentation

+1

Due to the bouncing nature of this activity and the real risk of bottoming out due to an immature capsule, in our practice we suggest a 6 week recovery before horseback riding, jogging, upper body weight lifting, etc.  This is purely subjective but has worked well for our patients.

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Recovery after breast augmentation

+1

Recovery after breast augmentation varies from patient to patient. In my practice most of patients return to normal, non strenuous activity, within 2-4 days and increase activity over time. I don't recommend any activity were you are jumping or bouncing, like horseback riding,  for at least 3-4 weeks.

El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Activity after breast augmentation

+1

Every surgeon will have slightly different instructions. 

I recommend resumption of non-strenuous activity about 2-3 weeks after surgery.  I think if you wait until 6 weeks after surgery to resume strenuous activity or high impact activity, you will limit your rate of complications.

Web reference: http://www.lewisplasticsurgery.com/cosmetic-surgery/breast/breast-implants/

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Recovery

+1

In all cases, total recovery can take from 4-12 weeks. For breast augmentation, it's advisable for the patient o start integrating activities after the second week. Always follow your PS post op instructions.

Dr. Campos
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Wait 3-4 weeks to ride horses after breast augmentation

+1

Thank you for your question.  Generally speaking I recommend the my patients wait 3-4 weeks after breast augmentation before riding horses.  However it is dependent on how you feel and the type of breast augmentation that was done.

If you have breast implants placed under the muscle, sub-muscular breast augmentation, you should expect some discomfort when using your chest muscles when raining the horses.  Recovery from breast implants placed beneath the breast is generally less

.The most important thing is to follow the advice of your plastic surgeon.  Please choose a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, who is experienced in breast implant surgery, and has an excellent reputation in your community.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/surgical-procedures/result-oriented-breast-augmentation-breast-enlargement/

Six weeks of recovery after breast augmentation

+1
In our practice, we restrict activities like horse back riding for six weeks after breast augmentation in order to allow adequate healing and avoid long term complications.
Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon

When to start riding

+1
Activities of daily living can begin 48 hours after a breast augmentation in our practice.  However, horseback riding is not an ADL and the horse may act at times unpredictably.  Large dog walking can also be a concern, so for these types of activities I recommend 1 month.
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon