Recovery (Especially Sleeping) After Aggressive All-around Abdominal Lipo Plus Fat Transfer to Face and Buttocks?

I'm considering aggressive all-around abdominal lipo to harvest enough fat to add volume to my face and buttocks (to repair scars, not for a bubble butt; I wouldn't have enough fat for that). I've read here that patients should not sit or sleep on their backs following fat injection to the buttocks, but rather face down or on the side. Wouldn't either risk damage to the fat injected into the face? Won't the donor sites be too sore to sleep on? How to sleep w/o pressure on face, butt, or middle area?

How to sleep after fat transfer to butt and face

+4

Thanks for your question. I recommend sleeping supine, but place 2 pillows on your lower back and 2 pillows on your posterior. Thighs so essentially your buttocks are "floating" between the pillows.  This way you don't compress your face and your buttocks.  Do this for 3 weeks.  Good luck and take care

Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

+2

I perform facial fat grafting and contour corrections along with Brazilian buttlifts hundreds of times a year.  I think that you could sleep on your back with pillows supporting the buttocks area.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Sleeping after brazilian butt lift.

+1

Every surgeon is different.  I recommend sleeping on your belly, this will take the pressure off of your buttock so that it can heal nicely.  Your face will be fine, because very little pressure will be applied to it during sleep.

Dennis Dass, MD