Lipo Recovery and Results for Small Trouble Areas?

I am currently 5'6" and 125lb female. I just have a small amount of fat around my belly buttom area and a slight buldge in the outer thight. I workout faithfully a minimum of 3 x a week. Does lipo work well with just a small amount of fat and if so is the recovery worse or better?

Liposuction for small areas

+1

It sounds like you're a great candidate for liposuction. I'm currently getting nice results on small areas with one of the new laser lipo procedures called Slim Lipo. This most likely can be done in small areas with local anesthetic only and you will benefit from a quick recovery and be able to return to work in 1-2 days. Though you may have some soreness and bruising over a couple of weeks, people typically recover pretty quickly. Get evaluated by a surgeon who can look at your body and anatomy and make a good recommendation.

Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction results

+1

Liposuction usually works best for peopel with small areas of troubled fatty deposits that just won't disappear with weight loss and exercise. The recovery is much easier than other surgery and usually you can go back to full acitivity within a week or two.

Liposuction for small areas.

+1

Yes, it works very well for small areas and the recovery is minimal. Make sure you see an experienced liposuction surgeon.

Dear Ideal Candidate?!

+1

Being ideal body weight and having a healthy lifestyle make liposuction ideal.  The recovery is very reasonable, with many patients going back to work after 2 or 3 days.  I prefer to do these types of surgery under local anesthesia in my AAAASF certified operating room, most commonly with laser assisted technology.  Patients are allowed to return to their exercise routine, typically, after 7 to 10 days.  You can now confirm your surgeon is a board certified plastic surgeon at  abplsurg.org, good luck!

Julius W. Few, MD

Focal areas of liposuction

+1

yes, liposuction can be done in very small areas of focal fat accumulation. Small cannulae are usually used for this and introduced through one or more insertion sites.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Small Areas of Liposuction equals no down time

+1

Small areas like those that you describe can be done in the office with local anesthesia by any method of liposuction (standard, laser, ultrasonic, or hydrostatic). You should have essentially no down time, returning to normal activities immediately.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

You should recover in 1-2 days

+1

You are a good candidate for laser lipo. This can be done under local anesthesia  and you should get a good result. Please make sure that your surgeon i board certified plastic surgeon.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Small areas of lipo

+1

Yes, and you can return to exercise in less than 5 days. I would recommend Smart Lipo + lipo as a very good surgery plan. Seek 3 opinions in person. From MIAMI Dr.B

Areas that only need a small amount of liposuction do fabulous and have a quick recovery.

+1

Small areas of fat liposuction out very easily and almost painlessly under local anesthesia with you back to work in 2 days and no ugly scarring.  Do it today.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Spot lipo will have a quick recovery

+1

The small areas you describe can most likely be done under local (tumescent) anesthesia with a very quick recovery. One of the misconceptions we sometimes hear is that lipo is painful, which is only rarely the case. Most people are back to routine activities within a day.

Richard Baxter, MD