During my Recovery Period of Neck Lipo I Lost About 10 Pounds....if This Weight Gains Back Will It Affect my Results?

since i lost this ten pounds just because of the recovery period and not eating as much as i just normally do, when i finally finish recovering and gain this weight back will it affect the surgery i just had?

Weight gain after lipo

+1

Remember that a significant percent of the fat cells in the area you had treated with liposuction is now removed and if you were to gain weight, some would be gained in the other areas of your body that have a higher amount of fat cells, while much less could be stored now in the neck.

+1

I too doubt there will be any unforseen effect on ten pound weight loss after neck surgery. Best to discuss with your chosen surgeon. 

+1

Weight loss in the post-operative period is not a great idea, especially, if it is due to starvation. The body needs a better than average nutrition to heal the surgical wounds. But a 10 pound loss is not extreme and I doubt it would seriously compromise your neck lift.

Dr. Peter A Aldea

Weight gain and surgery

+1

Without before and after pictures, it really is difficult to give you specific advice.  However, a loss or gain of 10 pounds is unlikely going to make a significant difference in your results.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD