Will my Recovery Be Easier Than Larger, Older Women?

I've been the same size for the majority of my life. I'd like to get the pooch on my belly, outer and inner thighs, as well as my love handles done. 1. With less fat to suck out will my recovery be easier than women who have more fat? 2. I'm also 28 will this effect my recovery process as well?

Scoliosis can make one hip appear fuller than the other

+2

You appear to be an excellent candidate. I'm sure you are aware of the fact thar you appear to have a slght scoliosis. The significance is that one hip is slightly higher and will appear fuller after surgery. In the hands of a capable surgeon, you should have a great result. Do your homework!

Recovery from Liposuction

+2

Based on you pictures, you look to be a good candidate for liposuction as you discuss.  Recovery is really an individual thing and cannot really be predicted.  Every patient is different.  However, the more surgery one has, the more recovery that is typically needed.  So, small areas of liposuction tend to have quicker recoveries.  Good luck with your procedure.  

David Shafer, MD

Recovery eaiser than larger older WOMEN

+1

Pain is   an individual  feeling    that   is  not  predictable in  any one  ,   but   of    course   the amount  of  fat  tissue  to  remove   will  be  better    when is  less ,  when   surgical  intervention is shorter, because    the agresive   procedure is directly proportional   to  hours   and quantity  of  fat    remove ,  also  risks  are   less  and recovery  in  a person like   you   is  faster ,  wiht less  inflamatory   response 

Cynthia Disla, MD

Liposuction recovery

+1
Every patient is different. A younger woman is likely to heal more quickly and, since you will not require removal of much fat, you should have an easier recovery than someone undergoing more extensive surgery. From the photos, you appear to be an excellent surgical candidate.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Recovery from Liposuction

+1

You are young and in peak physical condition.  This should allow your recovery to proceed with minimal issues.  Certainly complications can occur at any age and will slow your recovery.  Additionally, people have different responses to pain which can slow recovery.  Concerning your areas of interest for liposuction,  it appears you do not need liposuction on your thighs.  Your love handles and stomach may benefit based on your photo.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Quick recovery from liposuction

+1

Your recovery should be pretty quick.  I do recommend setting aside at least a couple of days where you don't have to do anything but putter around the house and take lots of naps.   Sometimes, healthy patients like you just can't cool their jets and end up more swollen and sore that is necessary.  Don't over do it.

Lisa Lynn Sowder, M.D.

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

You are in great shape

+1

You appear like an ideal patient for liposuction and you should have a easy recovery.   It will feel sore like a hard work out.  Always go to a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and a member of ASAPS .

Grant Stevens, MD

Recovery after liposuction varies from patient to patient

+1

It appears as though you're in good shape and in good health from your photos.  Also, it looks like the amount of fat that is going to be removed is not that much.  So, your recovery will most likely be easier that those undergoing liposuction of much more fat and those who are not in good health.  Depending on your preference, you may be a candidate to get the areas you mentioned treated under local anesthesia only.  This will avoid any potential side effects of general anesthesia.  Good luck!

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Liposuction on non-obese physically fit patients

+1
Ideal candidates have focal areas of concern rather than having excess fat throughout the body's contour. You seem to be such a candidate but ironically, some patients who have soreness lasting longer after liposuction are young, thin, muscular and physically fit. Certainly being in better shape will help you heal better in the end!

Ronald Shelton, MD

Recovery Be Easier

+1

Yes! Your recovery should be very quick and simple. Have you seen 3 boarded plastic surgeons? Also thanks for the great photos they really help answer the question.