Recovery Time for Breast Lift and Augmentation with Tummy Tuck?

I am considering a Breast Lift (and augmentation) and a Tummy Tuck. I am very active and in good overall shape. I have 2 children one is 3 and one is 5 months .

My husband will be home with me for two weeks after the surgery. Will I be able to lift my baby if I rest up for the 2 weeks or should I seek additional support?

Mommy Makeover Recovery Time?

+1

Although you may be the exceptional patient that will be returning to most activities at 2 weeks after surgery, you would be wise to find “additional support” for a total of 4 weeks after surgery.

A few additional words of advice may be helpful:

1. Make sure you are doing the procedure for the right reasons (for yourself)  and that you have realistic expectations.  Be aware that an improvement in the “problem area” may not translate to an overall improvement in your life   situation.  You are bound to be disappointed with results of the procedure if your motivation for doing the surgery is not internally driven.

2. Time your surgery carefully; generally, it is not a good idea to have surgery done during or immediately after a stressful period in life (for example divorce or death of a loved one). The additional stress of surgery will undoubtedly be  more challenging to deal with if a patient's emotional reserves our already exhausted. Remember, that an improvement in your physical appearance will not translate to an improvement in your life situation.

3. If possible speak to patients who have undergone similar procedures and query them about the toughest times of their recovery period. Any practical hints previous patients can provide may be very helpful.

4. Make sure you are aware of potential complications that may arise how to reach your surgeon if necessary.

5. Make sure you have a strong and patient support system (several people if possible) in place who have time/patience to take care of you. Arrange for professional nursing if any doubt exists regarding the availability and/or stamina  of your caretakers.

6. Be patient with the healing process, understanding that it will take several weeks to months to feel “normal” again. It may also take many months/year to see the end results of your surgery.

7. Be prepared to distract your mind with things of interest such as books, magazines, and movies.

8. Expect less of yourself; do not go back to work, school or chores too early and let others take care of you (for a change).

9. Pick your surgeon carefully (a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon) and trust in his/her advice. Keep in close communication with your surgeon and do not hesitate to communicate questions/concerns and the   emotional swings that you may experience.

10. Resume all medications that you were using preoperatively when cleared by your plastic surgeon and stop the use of narcotics and sedatives as soon as feasible after surgery.

11. Keep in mind the end results as you go through the tougher emotional times after your surgery.

Recovery process after a mommy makeover

+1

A mommy makeover is a popular procedure that combines abdominal and breast rejuvenation. After a tummy tucked in breast lift, the majority of the recovery process will be focused on the tummy tuck. After a tummy tuck, you should expect to have a 2 to 3 week recovery process where some of your activities will be limited. In our practice, we recommend that the patients walk as much as possible after their surgery to help open their lungs, increase their appetite and spur on the recovery process.

Pat Pazmino, MD

Mommy Makeover recovery

+1

SEE VIDEO BELOW BY CLICKING "MORE":

I think that this is a reasonable amount of time to schedule for additional help.

Of course at two weeks, you should still exercise caution and do the vast majority of your lifting using your lower extremities rather than your stomach muscles and upper extremity. Begin a slow and gradual return to lifting and straining. Avoid sudden heavy lifting for at least 3-4 weeks.