Will Recovery Be Awful if Fraxel Repair is Done on Small Part of Face Instead of Full?

I plan on having the repair done in 6 months but only on a small part of my face(all i can afford anyway) by my left cheek area next to my mouth and nose(right where my smile/dimple area is up to the side of my nose to be exact). I have acne scarring there as well as static wrinkles where as the other side of my face in that area is almost completely opposite . The rest of my face looks pretty well. Main concern is having the big red spot on that area for 2 months while the rest of face is not.

I prefer to treat the whole face when I do Fraxel Repair Laser for acne scars and wrinkles.

+1

I often use a TCA Peel on the areas of the face that have minimal involvement and then a combination of extensive subcision and Fraxel Repair Laser on the areas of scarring with Fraxel Repair Laser to areas of mild to moderate wrinkles.  if you have fair skin, you will have more redness in the Fraxel Repair Laser areas, but it will blend much faster by doing the TCA peel first on the whole face.  You should seek consultation with an expert who can look at your scars and skin type and decide what is best for you.

Web reference: http://www.gatewaylasercenter.com/AcneScars.html

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon