What is the Recovery/Healing Time for Gastric Bypass Vs. Lap Band Surgery?

I'm still trying to decide which surgery would be best for me. I'd like to know what the recovery/healing time is for both.

Recovery time after gastric bypass

+1

The average patient will go home the same day with Lap-Band, spend 2 nights in the hospital with gastric bypass and be back to their normal routine in 5 - 7 days.

Long Island Bariatric Surgeon

Recovery time for Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass and Lap Band

+1

Lap Bands are now done as outpatient procedures in some institutions. Laparoscopic gastric bypasses will usually stay in the hospital for approximately 2 nights. The recovery time for both procedures is relatively short. The abdominal pain will subside pretty quickly and usually after about a week, the patient feels much better. Since both procedures are done laparoscopically the recovery is very quick for both.

Long Island Bariatric Surgeon