Recommended Treatment(s) for my Acne Scarring? (photo)

Hi, I am looking to get some opinions on what I can do for my scarring. The ones that bother me the most are the small ice-picks, just because there are so many of them. I have read that excision may be the best way to go, but I don't see that as a possibility for me since my entire cheek area is covered in them. The more I read, the less hope I have for my face ever looking a bit better. Her are some pictures from different angles. Thanks so much for your time.

Hello

+1

In our office we have 2 lasers done together that would give you great results Profractional laser and micro laser peel.  If after that treatment you were looking for more we would recommend a mini face lift to stretch out your skin  from the scar that are deep. You should see a PS to help you give you permanent options for you situation. Good luck.

Ice pick scars and the treatment for this condition after Acne has lead to Scarring

+1

Ice pick scars are the most problematic in my opinion. This could require deep chemical peel with the TCA cross method and also a multilayered approach afterwards. I employ co2 laser resurfacing with this multiple layered attach to Acne Scarring.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Treatment for Ice Pick Scars

+1

I would start with TCA CROSS (100% TCA applied in pinpoint fashion directly into each scar).  This is much less invasive than punch excisions.  Multiple treatment sessions (ideally 5 or 6) will give the best results.  TCA CROSS is well-tolerated with low downtime and overall minimal discomfort.  As with most other treatments, the success of TCA CROSS is highly dependent on the skill and experience of your doctor.

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

Recommended Treatment(s) for my Acne Scarring?

+1

First off, you need to ensure that your acne is under control and that you are on a medical grade topical skin care regimen. Once that is in place, you should see some improvement though it will be mild. Fraxel, as mentioned, is a good option. Dermabrasion (not microdermabrasion) can be effective for large area cheek resurfacing as well. Punch excisions or TCA Cross method can also be effective for limited areas. Usually significant improvement is seen with any modality but multiple methods must be used for maximal benefit. It is highly likely that you will always have some degree of acne scarring but these treatments should give you a significant improvement. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Acne Scar Treatment

+1

The Fraxel Laser is an effective modality for acne scarring because of the depth of the laser which you are able to safely to deliver. If you follow the appropriate guidelines you may expect to see a 50% reduction in your acne scars.

Elliot M. Heller, MD