TotalFX Recovery and Side Effects (Asian Skin Tone)

I Have Been Recommended to Have Total Fx, I Have Been Using Obagi for the last 12 months,I have been using it twice a week from May but had to stop using it on my upper lip after about 5 months as my skin became lighter on my upper lip compared to the rest of my face. Am concerned about the recovery time and side effects on my asian skin tone, should I have the treatment on my upper lip as well.

Total Fx for Asian Skin

+1

I would highly recommend a test spot prior to a full face treatment on Asian skin. This way you can see how your skin reacts to the treatment and if you develop any hyperpigmentation.

Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Total fx in asian skin

+1

Dear Alisha,

I would be very cautious about the use of total fx in Asian skin types.  It can be done  with excellent results but it is critical to have the procedure performed by a physician experienced in the use of this laser in Asian skin.  The parameters need to be adjusted to skin type and lower energies as well as more treatments may be necessary.  In general, skin hyperpigmentation (or darkening) following treatment is expected and is reversible. 

Sincerely,

Dr. Mikkilineni

Washington Dermatologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.