Recommended Percent for Deep FX on a Total FX Procedure? (photo)

I am 23 and have ice pick and light purple spot acne scarring. Peels, IPL, and pro-fractional have helped some but only temporarily and I have not received the more permanent result I want. I have an appointment booked with my doctor for the total FX and I want to get the best result possible. He said that I should do anywhere between 10 and 30% for the deep FX portion. I have read that with more aggressive treatments there is a bigger risk for hyper pigmentation. Would 30% be too aggressive?

Hello

+1
If you go to a plastic surgeons office you have a few options for acne scars. There is micro laser peel and pro fractional laser and even a mini facelift to stretch out the skin and make the acne scars fade.

Deep fx 10-30% for acne scars

+1

Deep fx gets risky once you start doing more than 5%. I like the 5 % setting. When you are aggresive some times the healing is unpredictible

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon