Any recommended insurance companies and am I good candidate? Thanks for all responses.

Hello I'm 23 years old 5'5 and weigh 154lbs with a breast size of 34DDD. I am currently uninsured and been looking for a good insurance plan that will allow me to get a breast reduction but I'm unsure if I would even qualify to get the procedure done..

Good Insurance Companies for Breast Reduction

+1

Going by today's guidelines you most likely would be a good candidate for a breast reduction, however there are a lot of changes happening right now for insurance companies, so it is hard to say. I suggest you find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon that you feel comfortable with and find out what insurance companies they have dealt with as it may vary depending on what state you are in. Good Luck!

There are no good insurance companies

+1

Better you save up and pay for it yourself. There is no guarantee that any insurance company will pay for any elective surgery , needed or not.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Any recommended insurance companies and am I good candidate?

+1

As you know, insurance companies and the plans they provide are certainly in a state of flux currently. You will be best served by directly checking with any insurance company you are contemplating using.

When the time is right, seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and select your plastic surgeon carefully. Then, careful communication of your goals will be important. The plastic surgeons you see in consultation will be able to give you a better idea of what you might expect to hear from insurance companies.

The more documentation you have (for example, from your primary care doctor, physical therapist, chiropractor etc.) the better when it comes to obtaining insurance “authorization” for the procedure.This documentation and letter/pictures from your plastic surgeon will help you obtain authorization.