Is it recommended to have a full facelift if only the bottom half concerns you? Would fat transfers be beneficial? (photo)

I am 63 years old and am confused exactly what procedures would be most beneficial. Every PS I consult with has a different idea while I'm trying to keep my cost around $10,000. One Dr. said he would only do a full facelift as that 'holds up' the lower area with facial resurfacing a year later. Another PS recommended a lower half facelift with fat transfers to cheeks & around the mouth. I originally just went in to see about facial resurfacing for around my mouth and then find I need way more.

Upper and Lower Facelift

+2

After reviewing your photos, I believe the best treatment would be to include a browlift, and lower lid blepharoplasty with a high smas facelift, fat grafting, and laser resurfacing. if you are trying to prioritize, I would do the lower lift with a browlift to move all of the major tissues up in harmony and then return for resurfacing, blepharoplasty, and fat grafting. The resurfacing and fat grafting are important to repair the sun damage and volume loss which have occurred over the last few years.

Lafayette Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial Rejuvenation

+2

I believe if you see multiple experienced plastic surgeons (American Board of PLastic Surgery) you will have the same advise. I believe you have several different advices is because you put the limit of what you are willing to spend. Then every body is trying to accommodate what you want to spend. But to give you the maximal improvement and rejuvenation you will need multiple procedures . A full SMAS facelift, CO2 laser resurfacing ,eyes, possibly brow lift.

Face lift, resurfacing or more

+2

Thank you for asking what should be done,

• Cosmetic surgery is a matter of what you want, not a matter of need,
  • a lower face and neck lift with filler or fat injections around the mouth would definitely improve the sagging cheek, neck and jaws, should be in or near your budget and results are likely to be excellent BUT
  • If only your mouth bothers you - have facial resurfacing around your mouth and nothing more. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Full facelift if only the bottom half concerns you?

+1
Dear ck, thank you for your question. A mini facelift can improve the jawline and neck , and in some cases the cheeks. Our La Jolla Lift procedure is performed with gentle twilight sedation. Consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon to see what your best option is. Good Luck!

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Mini Lift is the Biggest Bang for Your Buck

+1

Thank you for the wonderful question. You are an excellent candidate for a "mini lift." Essentially this is the modern day face and neck lift but with less down time. In the right hands, it is as good as the classic lift, and has less down time. You would benefit from lifting your neck and jowls. This will set back the clock at least a decade with you. There's no doubt that you would also benefit from fat transfer to the facial folds, cheeks, around the eyes, and likely temples. I like to perform fat transfer at the same time but it can be performed at a later date if budget is an issue. Laser resurfacing would be awesome way to rejuvenate your skin as well. Again, this can be performed at the same time or at a later date. A mini lift can easily be performed under local anesthesia with light oral sedation. It can also be performed under general anesthesia but I find it's totally not necessary and is associated with more down time and the risks of general anesthesia. Check out the web reference for more info and before and after photos.

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS

A Face/Neck Lift under local would make a great improvement and be under $10,000.

+1

Doing your face/neck lift under local anesthesia gives great results with much less complications and is in your price range. You should consider a face chemical peel as well at the same time. Fillers , lip implants or fat injections around the mouth would be of great help but are going to add a few thousand dollars more and would be definitely worth the added expense . Sincerely,
David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Is it recommended to have a full facelift if only the bottom half concerns you? Would fat transfers be beneficial?

+1

I think that lower face and neck lift with facial fat grafting is a reasonable alternative. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of facelifts, necklifts, facelift revisions, and facial procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results. Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA