What is Recommended for This Type of Ventral Hernia?

White female, 50 years old, weight is 200 lbs., 5' 3" tall, in 2001 I had to my gallbladder removed. Since then I have had four ventral hernia surgeries. The first ventral hernia surgery. 2002, a couple of months later a patch was put in. 2004 the patch was replaced, 2007 another ventral hernia surgery, the patch was removed, and muscle transpositioning left and right side, reconstruct naval, and a tummy tuck. 2008 ventral hernia repaired again six months, after the last major surgery...

Recurrent ventral hernia

It is difficult to say what intervention you may benefit from without an examination.  Given your recurrent hernia history, you may want to visit with a general surgeon for an evaluation. If you are experiencing a recurrent ventral hernia, then you also may benefit from an evaluation with a board certified plastic surgeon who may be able to evaluate you for component separation reconstruction of your abdominal wall.  Best wishes.

Dr Basu

Houston, TX